Every time I go to start a new project, I have to try and remember all the common tools and settings that I usually use. This page is a list of things to think about when setting up a new project in PyCharm.
- GitHub repository options: usually a Python
.gitignoreand MIT license.
- Clone from GitHub, then install dependencies with pipenv.
- In PyCharm settings, configure Python interpreter.
- In PyCharm settings, configure Version Control: Commit, inspections.
- Install pytest with
- Add GitHub Actions workflow, including pytest.
- Add coverage and push results to coverage.io.
- Configure Dependabot.
- Mypy to verify type hints? Add it to GitHub Actions and PyCharm pytest.
- GitHub Pages? Add
docsfolder and configure on GitHub.